Pregnancy is a big deal - and often a moment that many of us have been waiting for a long time. To make this moment as special as possible for you and your partner and family, we have created a small list for you with creative ideas to announce your pregnancy ❤️
ANNOUNCING THE AMAZING NEWS TO YOUR PARTNER
1. "As big as a blueberry"
This adorable idea is easy and quick to arrange and will definitely surprise him completely. Give him a small prepared box in which you hide either a pea or a blueberry, depending on how far you are - with the note saying “As big as a blueberry”.
2. Announcement card or photo to share with family and friends. This can include a picture of your ultrasound, a baby onesie or booties, or a creative message.
3. Photo shoot together: Pssst, you're going to be a dad!
The future dad won't be surprised when he looks at these pictures. Ask a friend to take pictures of you on an inconspicuous occasion. Then stand back-to-back with your partner and secretly hold up a sign for the camera that reads, "You're going to be a dad!" Of course you can also hold the pregnancy test or a photo of your scan. Either way, the daddy-to-be is bound to be very surprised.
4. Save the Date!
At the gynaecologist, you will be informed of the probable date of birth as soon as you receive the maternity pass. Get a calendar, place it in a conspicuous place and enter "Save the date" with lots of little hearts on the expected date of delivery. After you have announced the baby news, you can look forward to this great day together.
HOW YOU CAN ANNOUNCE YOUR PARENTS & FAMILY
5. You’re going to be Grandparents!
A funny “Grandparents guide” book with a personalised picture of a baby scan in the first page is a great way to prepare Granny and Grandpa for the soon to be arrival of their little grandchild.
6. Family photo with a difference
Is your whole family getting together again soon? For a birthday? Or at Christmas? Take this moment and ask for a family photo. When everyone says "Cheese," you yell out "I'm pregnant." The best thing about it: You can capture the surprised faces directly with a souvenir photo.
7. Plan a special announcement get together with close friends and family: You can plan a special event to announce your pregnancy, maybe a dinner or a day out somewhere nice for lunch. It might be nice to add a gender reveal at the same time too and get everyone involved.