Instructions Rookie Premium Baby Carrier
Putting on the ROOKIE Premium is quick and easy. Please watch our video and follow the instructions below.
You can also download the instructions HERE.
Newborn function: If your baby is less than four weeks old or weighs less than 4.5kg, you should fold the belly belt twice.
Overview of the video
00:00 Newborn function
01:44 For older babies (4.5kg and up)
- Make sure that your baby's head always looks to the side, i.e. your baby's nose is not pressed against your chest.
- Always keep the Velcro clean.
- When putting on the hip belt, make sure that the carrier is positioned in the middle (i.e. not shifted to the right/left) and that it is positioned a little too high and therefore too low.
- The velcro of the hip belt should be completely closed.
- Adjust the bar so that it extends from the back of your baby's one knee to the back of your baby's other knee.
- Make sure that your baby's bottom "slides" a little into the carrier so that the back of the knees are slightly above the bottom (M-shape)
- Do not over-tighten the straps. The aim is a slightly rounded back for your baby. Your hand should still be able to grip relaxed between your baby's back and the stretcher.
- You can adjust the headrest to different sizes by attaching the lower buttons to the upper "button connectors". Usually, it is sufficient to close two of the six buttons.
- Attention: If the hip belt "sticks out", then it is not properly fastened. Fold the Rookie as shown at the beginning of the video.
A few additional tips:
1. Try the carrier when your baby is comfortable. I.e. is not hungry, has a fresh diaper on and has slept well.
2. Gently rock your baby on your chest before adjusting the buckle/buckle straps. This is how your baby slowly gets used to the carrier.
3. Your baby might also be fussing lying near your breast and smelling your milk. You can give them a pacifier at the beginning to calm them down.