Putting on the ROOKIE Premium is quick and easy. Please watch our video and follow the instructions below.
You can also download the instructions HERE.
Newborn function: If your baby is less than four weeks old or weighs less than 4.5kg, you should fold the belly belt twice.
Overview of the video
00:00 Newborn function
01:44 For older babies (4.5kg and up)
- Make sure that your baby's head always looks to the side, i.e. your baby's nose is not pressed against your chest.
- Always keep the Velcro clean.
- When putting on the hip belt, make sure that the carrier is positioned in the middle (i.e. not shifted to the right/left) and that it is positioned a little too high and therefore too low.
- The velcro of the hip belt should be completely closed.
- Adjust the bar so that it extends from the back of your baby's one knee to the back of your baby's other knee.
- Make sure that your baby's bottom "slides" a little into the carrier so that the back of the knees are slightly above the bottom (M-shape)
- Do not over-tighten the straps. The aim is a slightly rounded back for your baby. Your hand should still be able to grip relaxed between your baby's back and the stretcher.
- You can adjust the headrest to different sizes by attaching the lower buttons to the upper "button connectors". Usually, it is sufficient to close two of the six buttons.
- Attention: If the hip belt "sticks out", then it is not properly fastened. Fold the Rookie as shown at the beginning of the video.