At Rookie, we want you to have the best possible postpartum experience. That's why we spoke to some of our lovely mums and asked them what they couldn't do without or what they would recommend as a must-have for your birth bag.
Keeping it simple is the best approach. When we become first-time moms, we often tend to overpack or forget all the important things so that we either arrive at the hospital with a tiny overnight bag or look like we're going on a month-long vacation !
Below is a list of the top 15 essentials our mums can't live without that will help you decide what to wear for the big day!
- Comfortable pajamas - nobody likes hospital clothes. We recommend comfortable pajamas. Something you can easily breastfeed and change clothes in, as you might feel a bit of pain. Don't forget a bathrobe and slippers.
- Attire for the day you get fired - A nice pair of leggings, a loose tee, and a cardigan would make the perfect outfit. Surely you want to feel good!
- Toiletries - to make sure you have all your essentials and things to make you feel beautiful!
- Make up
- Body wash
- Panty liners
- Nursing pads
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Capture Memories - Don't forget to pack your camera or phone and their chargers to make sure you capture all those special moments and memories.
- Baby outfits - if all goes according to plan, four sets of outfits for your little one should be more than enough. Hospitals usually dress the baby in an outfit when it is born.
- Cute outfit for photos
- Outfit for the day of discharge
- Two sets of solid colour rompers
- Warm baby blanket and thin swaddle - for different room temperatures.
- SNACKS - Breastfeeding is exhausting and staying up most of the night drains a lot of energy. Make sure you have plenty of snacks like nuts, bars, fruit, etc. for those late-night wake-ups.
- Nursing Bra
- Documentation and ID card/passport
There are a lot of extra things to take with you such as a tablet to watch movies, maybe your own blanket and pillow, an Ipod to listen to music etc.
The above mentioned 15 things we mentioned are the most important according to our moms.
We hope this makes packing easier for you and that you don't forget any basics!
Good luck on your journey to becoming a mother, we wish you a wonderful time full of cuddles and endless love.